Interpersonal Communication

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Benice's perspective

Hello,we are all suppose to blog about culture. But,the catch is....we have to personalise it.(eg.talk about your own culture).So i shall now endeavour to talk about my own culture.

I know i brought gold/green bangles to class on Friday.But then,come to think about,not all of my family wears bangles(*visualises my dad with colourful bangles on his wrist and *shudders*).So instead of blogging about bangles,i shall talk about PRESENTS!

As we all know during Christmas time,most people would give or received presents. As much as Christmas is my favourite season of the whole year,i still dread the 'stress' and frenzy of buying gifts for people.Please do not get me wrong,i am not scrooge.I just do not look forward to the search of finding the "right" gift for my friends and family. I also have myself to be blame,as i always leave my 'gifts searching'(more like hunting) to the very last minute.After that,i will experience a very traumatizing(okay,I am exaggerating) shopping spree(actually,that is not the word for it),scurry,is the more accurate word to be used in this context.
Despite all these,I still love the spirit of christmas. It is so much more about giving,sharing and most importanly,loving. wI am sure that most of you have heard of the saying,"It is the thoght that counts".Admidtedly,I do have my favourite presents.But then,Christmas is a time when i remind myself of what really counts in life. The thought that someone when through so much hassle and bustle to make sure i received something I like just warms my heart and that someone actually took time to wrap my presents(I do not usually wrap presents,I do not see the point since they are going to open it anyway,might as well save them the hassle).I am reminded of the basics in life that is to cherish and value the people you love.
Anyway,that is why i love presents,it encompasses so much.Anyway,who doesn't love presents?

No comments:

Post a Comment