Interpersonal Communication

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Johari's window & I

The Johari Window, named after the first names of its inventors, Joseph Luft and Harry Ingham, is one of the most useful models describing the process of human interaction.

It is a way of showing how much information you know about yourself & how much others know about you.

Open Pane-Things that is known to yourself and to others.
I love reading.
Hidden pane-Things that is known to myself but not others.
When I read,i am oblivous to other stuff that is goind on around me.(Most of the time,when I get 'sucked' into the book.) Reading is like an escape (I get to sort of 'tune-out')for me. Here is a little secret,sometimes I hide my books cause I am not really allowed to read when I am supposed to do my work.So if you were to come into my room and open my closet expecting to see clothes,a book might fall out.
Blind pane-Things that is known to others but not to myself.
A friend once told me,when I read,I am so into my book,that I do not pay attention when people talk to me.So sometimes, I do come across as being rude.
Unknown pane-Things that is not known to me or others.
Haha.This is the time when I can predict what will happen in near future.
I would love to see myself travelling around the world,and with a walk-in wardrobe,so huge the size that it looks like my personal heaven of clothes.(I might as well wish that I owned queenbay or gurney) and I would also go to Africa and third world countries for mission trips.Who knows?O yea!And not forgetting a whole collection of books to last me a life time.
Here is the intearactive Johari Window which you guys can do.http://kevan.org/johari.Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment