Interpersonal Communication

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Art; My Life, My Culture

Art.

One problem it has is the difficulty of defining it. The earliest definition would be that art is created or is a reproduction of the worldly images. For instance, the aborigines in Australia create art (paintings or sculpture) in accordance to what they see, hear and believe. Everything was done because they figured if they were to draw/sculpt; the thing/animals/humans would be forever living on. Now we have fine arts, music, literature, dances and so on.

Art is subjective.

I can draw a girl sitting under a swing in the middle of a thunderstorm. My interpretation of it might be that she is blind and deaf and the strong winds make her happy. Or I can say that she loves thunderstorms and wants to feel the rain on her face and the wind in her hair. Or she is homeless and can’t go anywhere else. Or that the little girl is actually a life-size doll. Or that she is suicidal and she wants to die by getting strike by lightning. See what I mean? Art can be interpreted with a variety of meanings. It doesn’t make it wrong to say that the girl is actually a boy with long hair. Heh.

My family is very diverse and my art is a combination of both eastern and western culture. I’m an abstracted artist, very contemporary and I use a lot of space and light/shadows to define the picture. This means, I like graffiti art. People have the wrong impression of graffiti art; they seem to think graffiti = gangsters. We use space and focal point to establish our artwork. It has mechanic and science in it. We use illusion. I wouldn’t say I’m a great graffiti artist; I’m an amateur actually. But I love street art. It showcases Realism, truth and morality in a sense.

Meh...

I’m not going to write too much. I’m not even sure anyone’s going to read this but heck; art is my expression however unconscious am I to it when I draw. Literature, like I said before is also considered an art form. I write and I draw. I’m not at the top of my game now, that’s why I’m babbling but bear with me for a moment and take some time to absorb what I said. It is my interpretation and my perception. You can have yours and I respect is all the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment