Interpersonal Communication

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Concept of the Self

Time would tell if I manage to keep up this pace. Never did I thought I'd change so drastically until I couldn't recognise myself anymore. Perhaps, the empirists philosophers were right; experience adds to knowledge and my experiences are far more than a normal person would've have acheived at his/her age. Not bragging, no, I'm just telling the truth.

I always wonder what would people think when they see me, what their first impression is? I'd get a variety of answers: "You look aloof" or "You keep a certain distance around others (a hand span away) or "You're approachable and funny" or "Damn, you're cold!". So many different ones and I feel as though I've replicated myself and distributed it all around for people to share.

What I think I know about myself (on the surface, however) is that I am approachable, a good listener, too serious at times, a hardcore reader, extremely open minded and liberal. But that is just the surface. Well, I think it's not even on the surface; it's hovering above the surface. When people finally get to know me, they are suprised to know how passionate I am when it comes to things that I feel is important to fight about. Oh, and yes, I am kind of aggressive. When talking nicely to someone who annoys me doesn't work, I automatically turn physical. That's a flaw I'm trying to absolve.

Playing games (PC, PS2 and such), war games (Black, Medal of Honor), first person (Splinter Cell, Hitman, Halo, CS...), strategic games (Red Alert, War of the Ring, Tiberian Sun ...etc) would put me in the category of the 'manly girl'. NOT a label I like. I am who I am. Experince made me so and I hope people wouldn't judge me for who they expect me to be. But they do and it's just part of life.

More to tell but my brain juices aren't working all that well. Perhaps when it's not sizzling, I'll come back and edit it. Better use of words and sentences. Oh, by the way, I've just been made Fayatte President. Heh.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats!!u really have leadership skills.meaning that you do not come on too strong or appear over-bearing and you are very approachable.So those who think you appear to be aloof,may not know you well enought i guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do have, that's why we choose you as the president. some times concept of self might turn out be the same in others eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahah! Thanks for the support, guys. 'ppreciate it a lot.

    ReplyDelete